At Choo Choo, Let’s Go! Childcare Centre, the safety and well being of all children, families, and staff is of the utmost importance. We have developed a COVID-19 Safety Plan that complies with the recommendations established by the Health Minister, BCCDC, WorkSafe BC and the MCFD. Choo Choo, Let’s Go! Childcare Centre/ Centre de Garde will continue to follow all updated protocols and procedures as outlined by the proper authorities.
We have implemented new Covid-19 Safety protocols and procedures into the following documents:
- Work Safe BC Safety Plan
- The New Normal – Covid-19 Parents Handbook
- The New Normal – Covid-19 Staff Handbook
- New Cleaning and Sanitation Schedule and Measures
These plans include measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19, such as:
- Hand Sanitation before entering to the Centre
- Completing a daily health screening questionnaire upon arrival
- Cleaning and Disinfecting protocols
- Limiting the number of people at the Centre
- Utilizing proper signage to ensure physical distancing
- Understandably, maintaining physical distancing is challenging in a childcare setting. At the same time, it is important that we do what we can to try to assist children in doing so in a positive and reassuring manner.
- Where possible, we will arrange extra space to encourage more separation. For example, by increasing the space between children during activities such as snack/lunch. e., move or separate tables, move chairs farther apart, move sleep areas further apart, and having smaller groups of children assigned to different activities in different areas of the Centre.
- We will include both educational and fun activities to promote learning about physical distancing activities with ideas like “a personal space bubble.” By using these concepts in teaching physical distancing, we are supporting the beginning concepts of consent and personal space.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.